Janvikas is a Public Charitable Trust, registered with the Office of The Charity Commissioner in December 1985. It became operational in 1987 and is today recognized as a leading ‘Organization Development and support Institute’.
- Human dignity, equality and non-discrimination
- Diversity and inclusion
- Participation and democracy
“To contribute to building and strengthening a just, democratic and secular society and to bring about concrete and sustainable changes in the lives of poor, marginalized and disadvantaged communities (SC, ST, OBC, minorities, women, urban poor), so that they lead a life with dignity and social justice.”
To empower, capacitate and facilitate change agents who empower and serve their communities: leaders in these communities; Community Based Organisations and People’s Organisations; NGOs that work with these communities and platforms/networks of such organisations.
Janvikas strives to attain its goal and mission through
- Support to leadership of CSOs, community based/people’s organizations at the grass root level.
- Setup and spin off issue-based institutions.
- Enhance capacities of different levels of personnel in social development organizations and strengthen the social development organizations.
- Motivate and develop leadership of young people for their own issues as well as facilitate their participation on democratic governance on issues of society at large.
- Facilitating integration of perspective of equality, secularism and democracy in ground level interventions.
- Human and Institutional Development (HID) support to grass-root organizations (CBOs & POs), individuals and issue based networks.
- Initiating and strengthening grass-root interventions in response to the emerging reality.