Janvikas pedaled the journey with a twin objective of development of youth from marginalized community and promoting the culture of conflict transformation among the youth from diverse backgrounds. During this journey Janvikas realized the prevalent unemployment among the youth and created U-Live to capacitate youth belonging to marginalized communities to be employable.
To contribute towards building employable, secular, gender balanced and aware marginalized youth citizens, with special focus on women, to unite and challenge power structures in their own spheres and enabling the supportive ecosystem.
- Preparing the youths from marginalised community as a human power resource for world markets through skills training
- Preparing youth to imbibe the values of Democracy , secularism and equality for their greater involvement in secular society
- Enabling an ecosystem for life-long learning and growth.
The approach is holistic in nature– it not only trains the youth but it also imparts life skill, gender sensitization training and working life guidance as a part of every training course which become the pillars of their future.
Training focus on trades that have importance in market:
- Bedside Patient Assistant Training
- Course in Retail Sales Associate
- Course in Computer Concepts
- Non-voice BPO Training
- Entrepreneurship Training
U- Live address the issues of livelihood for youth and with a team of 21 enthusiasts in more than 20 blocks of Gujarat. It has trained more than 11,315 youth in various vocationally linked courses and havesuccessfully placed more than 9,249 youth till date.Focus group of U-Live has always been Dalits, Adivasis, Minorities and OBC.