CORE PHILOSOPHY AND VALUE SYSTEM
After two and half decade Janvikas has grown as a large network of decentralized institutions, many are registered autonomous institutions which today partner with other organizations and or new initiatives of Janvikas to strengthen civil society in India.
Janvikas in this way a complex web of interdependent institutions with several nodes of convergence and multiple leadership which keep defining and redefining their boundaries both vis - a - vis each other and the external world.
The principles on which we evaluate our engagements in Janvikas are:
- Democracy in governance
- Transparency in decision making
- Stress on:
- Leadership rather than ‘management’
- Balancing results and processes
- All programme intervention are put to following test:
- Does it intervene in the political economy of the region?
- Does it create access to social security?
- Does it positively promote social justice?